Friday, June 03, 2005

Being a Banker in Frankfurt

I love it. It is all so familiar. The Fressgassfest with men in suits, the ladies in business dresses. And all those beautiful women everywhere... Ah... I ran around in a beige suit yesterday, met some bankers, went shopping in the sun, had a Coke in a posh café and in the evening I ran with some other 58.000 people the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge.

Today, I have another meeting with my previous employer. Again another day in a suit...

I enjoy Frankfurt. It is a pleasant life if you are here for holidays and interviews only. But it gets tough, when you have to work here. The area I had a meeting with yesterday will be restructured (i.e. people will leave the department/bank), internal competitors strive for more business and do not stop interfering with your business area, mobbing is common, working late/party hard is a must, time for family and friends is scarce but hey! No risk no fun & We are still young!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home