Thursday, March 03, 2005

Things nobody needs to know...

...except if you play quizzes. For a good reason here there are the traditional anniversary gifts:

1st: paper
2nd: cotton
3rd: leather
4th: fruit and flower; linen
5th: wood
6th: sugar and sweet; iron
7th: wool; copper
8th: bronze and rubber
9th: pottery and willow
10th: tin; aluminum
11th: steel
12th: silk and fine linen
13th: lace
14th: ivory
15th: crystal
16th: peridot
17th: watch
18th: cat's eye
19th: aquamarine
20th: china
25th: silver
30th: pearls; ivory
35th: coral; jade
40th: rubies
45th: sapphires
50th: gold
55th: emeralds
60th: diamonds

Or for those to whom I provided the answer in German (for the sake of a level playing field...):


Eheschließung
Grüne Hochzeit
½ Jahr Traumhochzeit
1 Jahr Papier-Hochzeit
2 Jahre Baumwoll-Hochzeit
3 Jahre Leder-Hochzeit
4 Jahre Seiden-Hochzeit
5 Jahre Holz-Hochzeit
6 Jahre Zinn-Hochzeit
7 Jahre Kupfer-Hochzeit
8 Jahre Blech-Hochzeit
9 Jahre Keramik-Hochzeit
10 Jahre Rosen-Hochzeit
11 Jahre Stahl-Hochzeit
12 Jahre Nickel-Hochzeit
12½ Jahre Bronze-Hochzeit
13 Jahre Kristall-Hochzeit
14 Jahre Elfenbein-Hochzeit
15 Jahre Veilchen-Hochzeit
20 Jahre Porzellan-Hochzeit
25 Jahre Silberne Hochzeit
30 Jahre Perlen-Hochzeit
35 Jahre Leinen-Hochzeit
37½ Jahre Aluminium-Hochzeit
40 Jahre Rubin-Hochzeit
45 Jahre Messing-Hochzeit
50 Jahre Goldene Hochzeit
60 Jahre Diamantene Hochzeit
65 Jahre Eisene Hochzeit
67½ Jahre Steinerne Hochzeit
70 Jahre Gnaden-Hochzeit
75 Jahre Kronjuwelen-Hochzeit

Who was so weired to come up with those half-year anniversaries? That is just stupid. Anyway, I am glad that I am PDA-addicted so I won't miss them if I had to remember those. Well, sometimes those half-year anniversaries are useful, I just realise. I think my father could "celebrate" the bronze anniversary (12.5 years) with my first mother, if I recall the year correctly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home