Friday, March 04, 2005

Insurance companies

Since a few days I say pictures in the dailies which show insurance company managers handing over cars or cheques to customers. Those customers however have not won in a draw, the pictures show the mangers fulfilling their contractual liabilities.

Recently, there was this story of Bank of Uganda being reimbursed for a car that was involved in an accident and then a day later there was the picture of a family whose car was crashed in 2004 in an accident and who received their cheque from the insurance company. First I was confused. Isn’t it the insurance companies duty to conform to the insurance agreement, which implies that the client is reimbursed in case of damage or loss etc. That is exactly what clients pay their insurance premium for.

That was the moment when I realised why the insurance companies make such a big deal of their payments. People do not trust them! So they must demonstrate that they are actually paying when the damage event occurs.

It is funny to realise how many things I take for granted.

Speaking of taking for granted: I got my hair cut yesterday. I stopped the guy soon after he started cutting, I was happy with that length and told him that this was the perfect length and that he should just cut few millimeters on top of my head. Then I laid back and relaxed. Okay, and when I put my glasses back on, I was not really surprised, when I saw that I ended up with the same hair cut as usual. I can again join the U.S. Marines. Although their local boss keeps on telling me that they don’t need people with glasses. But since he leaves on Sunday, his successor might change his mind, when he sees me :->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home