Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hm, what shall I write about?

I am happy. I do not why, but since I am back, I enjoy being back home again. Everything and everybody is so familiar.

What has not changed is my terrible failure to remember names. I cannot help it. On Wednesday, I spoke with someone and could remember her name and on Friday again but yesterday, I did not know her name any more. Unfortunately, she and her friends still knew my name. What a shame. So wird das nie was mit den Frauen - just kidding. There has no further intention been involved. She has a boyfriend in New York.

Yesterday, we wanted to join the Mexican party at the Marines' House. Considering the start at 4 p.m. (for the kids), it turned out to be over at 7.30 p.m., when we arrived.

Anyway, I trained my French during a nice dinner (admitted: I trained it passively by just listening), during which I learnt a lot about the complexity of humanitarian and peacekeeping missions. So, it was basically the first hand experiences about which I read before. Shocking, eye opening and thrilling. I wished I could say the same about my job...

Another shocker after midnight: The Sheraton seems to pick up business on the weekend again. Astonishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home