Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Supersize me - no thanks

Finally, someone - no not someone: The New York Times reveals what I have been preaching for years. Fashion is not made for small brickshit houses like me. Being 5.55 (1.69m), I hardly find any fashionable cloths, which fit.

Okay. Admitted. Whoever has seen me, knows that I am not so much into fashion. But in principle I would like it. Oh, now I sound stupid. Okay, another attempt. When I want to buy blue jeans (yes, I like them!), it is hard to find some, which are not designed for androgynous men. Fortunately, a lovely female fellow student took me on a shopping tour, when I came back from the U.S. in 2001. She showed me an amazing fashion shop, which immediately showed me stuff I liked. Furtermore, the salespersons and my friend decided what would look good on me and even now, some four years later, the same salespersons recognise me and I really enjoy shopping there.

But when it comes to business outfits, it had been a nightmare until I changed to tailor-made suits. Okay, this sounds snobbish, doesn't it? Of course, I do not wear them (often) in Uganda. Actually, I almost never wear a suit here. Just a pair of trousers, a shirt and a neck tie.

Speaking of shopping: I am still undecided on whether I should buy a real watch, therefore I postponed the decision until December. Based on the place I will work at by then (and the salary), I will make a final decision, whether I will make me a nice Christmas present or not.

And did you watch "Supersize me"? I watched it on the plane from Nairobi to Dubai the other day. And guess, what I had for lunch in Dubai? Right!. A Quarterpounder, French fries and a big Coke ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home