Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Days to wait until she calls….

Well among the blog ideas that I had before, there were those thoughts about the time that apparently has to pass before a woman calls a man.

On Saturday I received two text messages from a very good friend of mine who intended to forward my mobile phone number to one of her friends including a characterisation of me in colloquial French.[1] Well, a couple of months ago, the same friend wanted to set me up with her but I politely refused (Why?). So, we met again on Friday and it was really nice talking with her. Anyway, so I now know that she asked for my mobile phone number. But does she call me? No, of course she has not. She does exactly what I usually recommend to my female friends and my sisters. She lets me wait. But what is its intrinsic value? There is none. Okay. There is one. I become nervous. So the plan has indeed worked out so far.

Surprisingly, I took the initiative to text my friend[2] and asked for her number. I had to, because she leaves for West Africa today… She kindly provided it but what am I going to do now? Well, if she does not call, it would also be fine. She is gorgeous, intelligent, funny, speaks French and everything but as usual I have already been wondering, whether it could work out.[3] I hate it. I really have to consider every single outcome/development, really everything before I make any move. But I have not learnt my lesson yet. This time I turned down an invitation for a probably nice party on Friday just to have time for a possible kind of date even before I even spoke to her. Isn’t it just insane? Yes, I guess it is.




[1] Okay, I confess it. I immediately understood, what she told her about me. My (passive) French is not that bad. In addition I asked my best friend (who lived and worked in Paris for long time) for his translation and both were identical.

[2] My friend asked me yesterday, whether her friend already called me.

[3] And indeed, it could - somehow possibly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home