Friday, March 18, 2005

From my American slang book...

Ah, I am looking forward to see all my books again next Wednesday. Among them, there is also a stupid purchase from December. An Amercian Slang Book - nothing more useless than this, put I could read it all the way through within two days or so. I am writing this because I promised to review a 30 page paper on the impact of microfinance - when do I learn to say "No"? Actually, the topic is interesting, but I should read some econometrics stuff or try to get my sample together and play around with S-Plus... Besides, I keep on falling asleep. The author's style is not the most vivid...

Anyway, here there are the phrases that I could remember:

"Want to see my stamp collection"
"If I follow you home, would you keep me" (Do those two work in America?)
"I pretend to work. They pretend to pay" (office llore on a coffee cup)
"Only Robinson Crusoe could have everything done by Friday" (80% of the German youth would not understand it)
"51% sweetheart, 49% bitch - Don't push it!" (who wears such t-shirts?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home