Sunday, April 17, 2005

Boy drowned in our pool

I removed the posting from this morning 7.00 a.m. [1]

When I woke up an hour ago and looked down the pool, where there were the two Ugandan boys playing as usual. Now, there is only one boy left. Dead. He must have drowned. A couple of people from the AAR are standing around and his body lies awkwardly turned at the pool side.

This makes me feel sick and angry. Of course there is the sign, which says “Swim at your own risk/no life guards” etc, but this could (probably) have been prevented.

It took three hours until the police came and moved the dead boy's body away. Before there was someone who examined (or more likely declared the demise of) the boy and who has tried to arrange the head, the arms and legs... That looked terribly cruel, although it was probably necessary - to made him fit into the coffin.


[1] For those, who may wonder what I post in the early morning, this is a short version of that morning's posting:
Firstly, a woman said, I was invited to a party by saying „tomorrow, we will have a party at our house“. I did not understand this as an invitation at all and therefore I wished her fun (without any second thought). Previously, she also mentioned parties and I am pretty sure that she never intended to invite me.
Secondly, I was accused of preferring to talk with a German woman. Of course, I prefer to talk with other Germans when I am drunk instead of talking to e.g. someone who turned me down two times and who usually does not wait for my answers.

So, what was the point then yesterday? Why did I have to defend myself? Despite the fact that I read the dictionary Men-Women (a German bestseller) while I was at the airport in Dubai, I still do not have any idea. Usually those discussions come up during a relationship, don't they? But this is not the case at all.
Thus, my help- and clueless conclusion is : Women simply behave strangely and I should not make efforts to understand them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home