Sunday, April 17, 2005

Time for a little restaurant review…

Yesterday, I had dinner at this new hotel/restaurant: The Emin Pasha [1]

It has an amazing design, it is greatly located and on average people liked it and praised the food. So, it was time to check it out. And indeed it was surprisingly nice designed and looked quite good. Let’s consider the facts:

Starter: Mozzarella and Tomatoes
Just delicious!

Main Course: Rump Steak, Rice and Pepper Sauce
I wonder what you can do wrong. “How to grill a steak” is probably one of the first lessons for chefs, so I thought it might be insulting to order a steak instead of some fancier dish. Probably it was insulting because my steak was terrible. I ignore the fact that I had to go for rice (alternatives were mashed potatoes or couscous) instead of more appropriate “normal potatoes or even better French fries/chips and I also do not comment on the fact that it was no pepper sauce… The worst was the steak itself. It was terribly sinewy.
Okay, I should not complain here but there. However, I do not like to complain in restaurants. They are supposed to get it right in the first place.

Dessert: First nothing, then Citrus-Lemon-Tart (with vanilla ice cream)
My company ordered Citrus-Lemon Tart while initially I did not want any dessert after the disappointment with the main course. But after tasting the tart, I also ordered a piece. We took this chance and remembered the waiter to bring the ice cream, which did not come with it. Well, first the waiter came back and told us that there was no ice cream any more. I would lie if I said I was surprised. Then he returned again and told me that they had no tart any more…

Bar: Single Red Label with Coke and a lot of Ice
It was a challenge to make him understand my order. And the most challenging part “ice” must have been really too complicated. Well, after some minutes waiting on the very comfortable sofa, I got my ice, too.

Well, finally, we also had a look at the rooms. Very impressive. Very clean. Very comfortable and nicely decorated. It is indeed an up-class hotel. However, isn’t it interesting, the better something is the more one concentrates on the details and one starts to criticise the itty-bitty details? But I will stop now. I should not forget where I am ;-)

Conclusion 1: Would I go there again?
Yes. It is just nice. Especially the comfortable bar area is perfect for e.g. a date. Since there are various other dishes on the menu, I will try something different from the steak next time.

Conclusion 2: Would I stay there? No, although it is nice, I would not pay 250 USD for a night.



[1] If anybody is interested to learn more about the name of the place, check out Wikipedia.

1 Comments:

Blogger maiyuan said...

sweetie bracelet Joe this year! The two most communal gifts on Valentine’s day plants and chocolates. links jewellery These are very common because ladies like chocolate and flora are an image of honey. cheap links of london It is definitely recommended to give one or, both of these links london jewellery gifts to your female, however, why impede there? links of london sale baby and flowers certainly the way you feel about your youngster? links of london bracelet If yes, then maybe this is where you should rest. links london bracelet One of best other idea Links Of London . links of london charms For example,

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home