Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sunburn

I am almost two years in Uganda and I have had only three sunburns. This is unfortunately no sign for regular appllying of sunlotion but rather the poor proof of a life in a window-less office ;->

Yesterday, I finally watched Garden State. I liked it despite the very "American" happy-end. Well, aren't we all looking forward to those happy ends although we know that the real life is quite different and more complicated?

Speaking of complicated. I am still not sure, where I will spend my life for the next few years. Since both of my current employees have not moved yet, I applied for a dream job in another town in Germany. The likelihood that I will be chosen is pretty slim. But hey! I managed to submit another 7MB of application documents and the HR manager sounded very nice on the phone. Cross fingers for me!

If I ever come back to Uganda, I will bring proper Nivea creme. The one I bought here made me very "shiny"... I looked terrible - not that that would be unusual, but I mean even more terrible.

On Satruday night, my roommate finally comes back for his home leave! I must say that I made a good choice moving into his house. He bears my mood swings, doesn't go on my nerves and he knows how to behave... Well, I have just another three weeks left until I move back into my apartment in Frankfurt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home