Saturday, March 19, 2005

Another Saturday....

... another ball!

But I will not comment too much on the ball. It is probably going to be as usual, except of the reason for the ball, the price for the ticket and the dinner served... Today, it is the Irish ball. The ticket price seems a bit high (UGX 100,000), but it includes dinner and all whiskeys. Let`s see how it will turn out.

What is far more interesting is that I am learning to be flexible. I could e.g. do this by working for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). This would be tough for me. They send you to new posts with a very short notice. A friend of mine was just sent upcountry, so we had a farewell dinner yesterday. And shortly as he was noticed by the ICRC so were we. He called at 19:00h and dinner was at 20:00h.

Ah, and I bought the ticket for the ball yesterday and it is today. Fortunately, I do not have to bear the nightmare of having a significant other, who does not know what to wear. I just have a shower, get into underwear put on the shirt, the tuxedo and the bow tie plus the handkerchief and ready I am. No problem at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home