Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Living in a house without TV and Internet plus my two cents worth on "Mr. & Mrs. Smith"

It is fantastic. I finally do not call wildly surfing the internet "doing research" any more. I concentrate on the papers etc already readily available on my laptop and get things done.

As regards to the TV: I do not miss it. There is a cinema in town and I have movies on the laptop, too. So, if I need some distraction, I can get it. Yesterday e.g. I saw "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" - that was poor German TV niveau. There was a minimum plot, nothing really unforeseeable and well I did not realize the frequently cited "special tension" between the two actors. And the story was also bad. Okay, admittedly the sound system was terribly working so me and others did not understand all dialogues properly - maybe there was some hidden messages, which I am not aware of... The story: Two assasins are married with each other and both of them not knowing what the other really does for their living, both are bored and visit a counselor. Then, someone decides to kill both of them and orders each of them to kill the other... So far so good. The happy end is - And I hope, I may disclose it here: Both live happily ever after, because they found out that one is a masochist and the other a sadomist. So.... And why did the Ugandan media council not intervene in this case?

Today, I will see "The Interpreter"... Hope, it will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home