Friday, June 24, 2005

Showers and Internet and basic Furniture

Finally, I found out why I liked to move into a house with "nothing". I think it was a kind of attempt to find out what my basic needs are.

I know it:

  • power and running hot and cold tap water...
  • bed with cotton bed covers
  • any reading lamp
  • my laptop
  • my books and papers
  • wardrobe
  • book shelves
  • working refridgerator
  • simple desk or table
  • any chair
  • basic internet connection
  • very well working shower
So, for now, I have everyhing despite the desk/table, chair, internet connection and the well working shower. Tomorrow, I will buy a table and a chair and in the afternoon, I should get a trial internet access. However, what will remain on my wish list is the well working shower. I have to add at least five more minutes to the time I usually spend in the bath room (at that has never been short) to remove all shower gel, shampoo and what else one uses.

But interestingly, there is nothing else, I really need or would miss. And that was exactly, what I had in New York. I should try it out next time I live in Frankfurt again. Hm, okay. Admitted I have never been a fan excessive furniture.

My dream home is a loft with parkett and almost no furnture (bed, dressing room, table, desk, chairs, sofa, TV, internet and a simple kitchen with a big refridgerator...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home